Wednesday, November 19, 2014

The dire debt situation and how I got myself into it.



I was divorced in October of 2011.

At that time I was making $14.50 an hour, I had a house that I owed roughly $66,000 dollars on but was worth only $30,000, and I had around $8,000 in credit card debt.

I graduated college in December 2011 and obtained a degree in Clinical Laboratory Science. The problem was that I needed to attend a post graduate 10 month unpaid clinical education at a local hospital to become certified and begin earning a good income.

The program was similar to medical school, requiring hours of studying every night and took 8 hours every day, five days per week. I could only work part time in order to pass the program so I had to rely on my credit cards in order to pay some bills, eat, and put gasoline in my car.

2012 was the year of debt accumulation... I could barely pay my bills working full time so during this year of schooling and living on my credit cards the debt grew.

The height of my debt was December of 2013:
I had an astonishing $29,000 in credit card debt & $95,900 in total debt!

I knew that I would never have wealth, or be finanically stable unless this debt was gone and it was in this last year that I began to change my life.

This blog will show my journey to pay off that debt, along with other debt I have. And also show what i am doing in order to build wealth and my plan to retire early.



No comments:

Post a Comment